About the Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Center
Whether you have suffered an injury or are recovering from surgery, rehabilitation services – physical and occupational therapy – play an important role in restoring and maximizing your function and mobility. Our licensed and certified professionals work closely with your physician to design a plan of therapy that meets your individual needs. They implement a progressive, specialized approach to injury treatment that combines patient education, individualized exercise, hands-on therapy and a full range of therapies. Our goal is to help you get back to work and your favorite activities.
Schedule your evaluation Today!
The Physical Therapists at the Orlando Health Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Center are passionate about providing the highest level of skilled care to help the patient reach their goals. This unmatched skill comes from obtaining specialty board certifications and special credentials combined with state-of-the-art technology. The physical therapists work directly with the Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Surgeons for the optimum patient experience and outcomes.
- Board Certified Orthopedic Specialists
- Board Certified Sports Specialists
- Manual Therapy Certified, Dry Needling, Blood flow restriction, Blaze Pods, Sparta forceplates
- Physical Therapy Sports Residency
Hand therapy addresses injuries and conditions of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. Conditions treated can include carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndromes, tendon and nerve injuries, and repetitive motion syndromes. Our team of hand therapists will coordinate with your physician to develop a treatment plan to relieve your pain, restore function and allow you to get back to the activities you enjoy.
- Certified Hand Therapists
- Custom Splints/orthoses
What to Expect During your Treatment
A dedicated therapist will be chosen to work with you based on your needs.
- Your therapist will develop a comprehensive, goal-oriented treatment plan and discuss it with you during your initial evaluation.
- We’ll communicate with you and your doctor throughout your treatment to monitor and keep you up-to-date on your progress and healing process.
- Hands-on therapy, exercise, strength training, balance training, use of technology may be used to help you return to your previous level of function, reduce pain and be able to reduce recurrence oof injury.
- Appointments last approximately 1hr.