About the Orthopedic Shoulder Team
Your shoulder allows you to rotate your arms and reach over your head. When you are having shoulder problems, you may be unable to do even the simplest tasks. At Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute, our specialists are highly skilled in surgical and nonsurgical treatments for simple to complex shoulder problems.
We also conduct research and train the next generation of orthopedic specialists in our highly regarded residency and fellowship programs. We use the most up-to-date diagnostic tools to evaluate your condition, develop a personalized treatment plan to relieve your pain and get you back to the activities you enjoy.
Shoulder Conditions We Treat
We care for a wide range of conditions and injuries affecting the shoulder, including:
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Biceps tendon rupture/tear
- Biceps tendonitis
- Calcific tendonitis
- Clavicle fractures
- Labral tears
- Proximal humerus fractures
- Rotator cuff injury or tear
- Separated shoulder (AC joint separation)
- Shoulder dislocation and instability
- Shoulder impingement
- Infected shoulder replacements
- Failed shoulder replacement
- SLAP (superior labrum anterior and posterior) tears
Orthopedic Shoulder Treatments We Offer
We offer both cutting-edge and well-established treatments for shoulder pain and injuries, including:
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgeries, including rotator cuff repair, labral repair and biceps tenodesis
- Latarjet procedure and other glenoid bone loss surgeries
- Revision shoulder arthroplasty
- Shoulder joint replacement, including reverse shoulder joint replacement and the “ream and run” shoulder hemiarthroplasty
- Injections, including cortisone and platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
- Physical therapy
Meet Our Orthopedic Shoulder Team
Whether you need a shoulder joint replacement or a nonoperative solution like physical therapy, our shoulder specialists work with you to determine the source of your pain and develop a personalized treatment plan.
Choose to Stay in Touch
Sign up to receive the latest health news and trends, wellness & prevention tips, and much more from Orlando Health.
* Indicates Required Field