Under the direction of its leadership, Orlando Health has demonstrated a commitment to promoting a culture of quality and safety through several significant programs. Our leadership positions for Quality and Patient Safety include:
- Chief of Quality and Transformation
- Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer
- Chief of Staff
- Chief Quality Officers at each of Orlando Health’s sites
- Director of Operational Performance Improvement
- Director of Patient Safety and Transformation
- Clinical Quality Specialists at each of Orlando Health’s sites
Among our many quality activities are the following team member recognition programs that promote healthcare safety and excellence:
- Certified Zero Award – This team member recognition is given to nursing units for exceeding 12 months with zero harm events in 3 out of 5 specific quality measures.
- Great Catch Award – Team members are recognized by senior leaders for catching and reporting near misses, unsafe conditions, potential problems or errors before they can affect patients, guests or other team members.