Request a Correction to Medical Records

If you think the information in your medical or billing record is incorrect, you can request a change, or amendment, to your record. Orlando Health will respond to your request confirming receipt and will respond with a decision in writing. If the provider, or their designated representative, who authored the information in question does not agree to your request, you have the right to submit a statement of disagreement that Orlando Health will add to your medical record. HIPAA requires that the request will be completed within 60 days max, with an additional 30-day extension if needed.