Our Dedication to Excellence in Patient Experience
At Orlando Health, we believe in quality and transparency when it comes to the quality of care we deliver. This guide is intended to help patients better understand how patient satisfaction surveys are delivered and how physician ratings are determined.
About the surveys
Orlando Health measures various aspects of our patients’ experience. To ensure we are holding ourselves to the highest standards, we partner with NRC Health to administer our patient surveys. A recognized leader in assessing patient experience, Press Ganey has worked to improve health care's clinical and business outcomes for more than 25 years.
How is the patient experience rating created?
Patients treated by specialists from Orlando Health Physician Group and primary care physicians with Orlando Health Physician Associates are invited to complete surveys via email or mail to provide feedback about their experience with their physician. The results are used to evaluate patients’ overall perception of care and to identify areas for improvement.
Star ratings are based on patient responses to questions about care from their physicians. Oncologists are scored on four questions from a survey specific to the Orlando Health Cancer Institute:
- Doctor's discussion of your treatment options
- How well your doctor kept you informed about your condition and treatment
- Doctor's concern for your questions and worries
- Overall quality of care received from the doctor
Other specialists and primary care physicians are scored on six questions:
- Explanations easy to understand
- Listened carefully to you
- Gave easy to understand instructions
- Knew your medical history
- Showed respect for you
- Spent enough time with you
Ratings from each physician's patients are averaged together to form an overall star rating. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. We post positive and negative comments from the surveys in an anonymous manner. However, comments that are libelous or profane, contain patient health information, violate HIPAA rules and trigger service alerts for death, claims of malpractice, threats of lawsuits, etc. will be removed by our online ratings vendor. Patient information is not displayed through the online ratings and commentary reviews.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Medical Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.