Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Orlando Regional Medical Center. Volunteers have always been a vital part of our hospital and play an important role in the hospital's mission of improving the health and quality of life of our patients, their families and community.
- Be willing to make a commitment to volunteer for a period of six months to one year or at least 100 hours.
- Volunteers must be able to volunteer one day a week for four hours on the same day each week.
- Able to communicate well in English (second language skills are a plus).
Due to the sensitivity and intensity of issues encountered in a hospital environment, comprehensive testing, training and orientation are provided for each of our applicants. As a result we require a significant commitment from our volunteers. To become part of our team, we ask the following:
- Accurately complete the entire application including complete email addresses for three (3) references. One (1) reference must be professional. References that are incomplete or unable to be reached will not be processed
- Please be aware that we do not accept applications for court ordered community service hours.
- Successfully pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Submit to a personal interview with a Volunteer Coordinator.
- Visit our Occupational Health Office for TB and drug screening. These screenings will be done at no charge to you.
- Attend a 3-hour orientation session.
Processing time for applications can take from 3-5 weeks depending on our ability to contact your references. Once your application has been processed, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for a personal interview. At that time we will discuss an assignment that will be fulfilling and meet the needs of our patients and their families.
To complete the online application, please click on the following link: