Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies. Volunteers have always been a vital part of our hospital. The volunteers at Winnie Palmer Hospital play an important role in the hospital’s mission of providing advanced medical care for women and babies through exceptional, heart-felt service in a nurturing, life affirming environment.
- At least 15 years old to be a teen volunteer (Click the Teen Opportunity Link for details).
- 18 years of age and graduated from high school or equivalent to be an adult volunteer and to work directly with patients.
- Able to communicate well in English (second language skills are a plus).
- Please be aware that we do not accept applications for court ordered community service hours.
Due to the sensitivity and intensity of issues encountered in a hospital environment, comprehensive testing, training and orientation are provided for each of our applicants. As a result we require a significant commitment from our volunteers. To become part of our team, we ask the following:
- Be willing to make a commitment to volunteer for a period of six months to one year, and to volunteer three to four hours on the same day each week.
- Complete the entire application including complete mailing addresses or e-mail addresses for 3 references. One reference should be professional.
- Submit to a Criminal Background Check and fingerprinting.
- Visit our Occupational Health Office for TB and drug screening. (Our hospital requires a two-step TB testing which may require 4 visits to the Occupational Health Office.) These screenings will be done at no charge to you.
- Attend a 3-hour orientation session.
- Submit to a personal interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
Processing time for applications can take from 3-5 weeks depending on our ability to contact your references. Once your application has been processed, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for a personal interview. At that time we will discuss an assignment that will be fulfilling for you and meet the needs of our patients and their families.
To complete the on-line application, please click on the following link: