Request an Appointment at the Heart Valve Center
Our specialized treatment team will perform diagnostic tests, evaluate your condition, and determine the best treatment within a few days of your initial exam.
The Heart Valve Center at Orlando Health Heart Institute
Caring for your heart valves and you — that is what our valve specialists do. Your heart has four valves that work in concert to help your heart do its job. With every heartbeat, your valves direct life-supporting blood flow through your heart, lungs and the rest of your body.
If one or more valves is diseased, it can slow, block or reverse blood flow. When this happens, your heart muscle and lungs work harder to get oxygen-rich blood to your brain and body. Over time, if untreated, the added stress can lead to difficulty breathing, heart damage, heart failure or death.
A High Level of Heart Expertise
Healing valve conditions and heart disease requires highly specialized care. Our team applies advanced knowledge, education, training and skill, from diagnosis through recovery, and our surgeons and interventional cardiologists have a combined experience of more than 10,000 valve procedures. These include the original clinical trials for transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and Mitraclip – a less invasive treatment for mitral valve disease.
We provide leading-edge heart care – from diagnosis and treatment through recovery and follow-up. This includes:
- Multi-disciplinary care. We understand that teamwork matters. We enlist interventional cardiologists, electrophysiologists (heart rhythm specialists), cardiothoracic (chest, heart and lung) surgeons, echocardiologists (heart ultrasound experts), and others as needed to care for common or complex diseases.
- Hybrid surgical capabilities. Orlando Health is a regional leader in the use of technologically advanced hybrid surgical suites. These suites allow our teams to perform minimally invasive, open or hybrid procedures — all with a unique blend of skills across multiple specialties. By bringing together a full range of diagnostic and treatment approaches, we can do more with fewer procedures.
- Top-quality ratings and outcomes. Every year, the Orlando Health heart program earns stellar marks from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons. This not-for-profit association of thoracic (chest, heart and lung) leaders has given overall 3-star ratings — the best available — to Orlando Health for bypass surgery. Our heart team also earned consecutive 3-star ratings for aortic valve replacement with bypass surgery.
Our team evaluates and treats a full range of heart valve conditions, including:
- Mitral Valve Regurgitation
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Aortic Stenosis
- Aortic Valve Regurgitation
- Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation
The Orlando Health Heart Valve Center team has expertise in these and other procedures:
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement or Repair
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Minimally Invasive Approaches to Mitral Valve / Tricuspid Valve Surgery
- Open Surgery for Valve Replacement or Repair
To contact us or schedule an appointment, call (321) 841-4324.
A Structural Heart Disease Health Guide
We know that managing your heart health can be a daunting task. That’s why we’ve created a guide for Structural Heart/Valve Disease patients to serve as a resource.