Clerkship Scholarships for Visiting Medical Students: Summer/Fall 2022
This scholarship provides a stipend for (1) minority medical student to participate in an away rotation at Orlando Health. Stipends are typically used for housing, travel, and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Emergency Medicine $800
Yearly Educational Scholarship For Incoming Minority Interns Offered Through The Office Of Graduate Medical Education Diversity Council
Funding to be spent on educational resources such as subscriptions to specialty specific question banks (Rosh review, UWORLD, etc.), educational audio/visual resources, and any additional specialty specific resources that are deemed beneficial for success.
- $300 per granted recipient
- Educational scholarships for URM incoming interns/residents/fellows across graduate medical education
Community Service and Mentorship
High School and College Programs
This program prepares high-achieving students from low-income families for acceptance into the nation’s most selective colleges and universities. Students are also afforded the opportunity to connect with leaders within various career fields while an elevation scholar as a means of career and educational development.
- EM residents are currently working with (8) elevation scholars who are all currently undergraduate students, providing them with mentorship and medical shadowing experience in our emergency department
- Visit https://www.theelevationscholars.org
Medical School Program
University of Central Florida (undergraduate) - Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences Medical Mentorship Navigation Program (MMNP):
- This program pairs faculty members at UCF and community physicians with underrepresented students from the Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences.
- The Orlando Health Emergency Medicine Department is currently working with several UCF undergraduate students. We are building mentorship models for these students and offer shadowing opportunities within our emergency department
Shepherds Hope Clinic
Emergency Medicine residents volunteer to staff a medical clinic for the uninsured and underinsured in our county.