Career guidance and mentoring are provided throughout training.
At the end of each academic year, the graduating residents are honored with a formal banquet in the presence of their friends and families. A presentation is given to commemorate their academic accomplishments and hard work.
Former Graduates of the Orlando Health Pathology Residency Program have secured the following fellowships:
- Cytopathology, University of Florida and Emory University
- Dermatopathology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock and University of Pittsburgh
- Hematopathology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of New Mexico, Yale University and University of Florida
- Forensics, Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) Miami Dade County and New York City
- Gastrointestinal Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Surgical Pathology & Gynecologic Pathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Surgical Pathology, University of California
- Transfusion, Stanford California
Past graduates now practice in a variety of environments including academic centers, private practice, and industry.