Career guidance and mentoring are provided throughout training.
At the end of each academic year, the graduating residents are honored with a formal banquet in the presence of their friends and families. A presentation is given to commemorate their academic accomplishments and hard work.
Former Graduates of the Orlando Health Pathology Residency Program have secured the following fellowships:
- Hematopathology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
- Cytopathology, University of Florida
- Hematopathology, Yale University
- Transfusion, Stanford California
- Surgical Pathology & Gynecologic Pathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Hematopathology, Tulane University
- Surgical Pathology, University of California
- Forensics, Miami Dade County Medical Examiner's Office
- Forensics, Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) for the State of Maryland
- Cytology, Emory University
- Dermatopathology, Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Dermatopathology, University of Pittsburgh
Past graduates now practice in a variety of environments including academic centers, private practice, and industry.