Orlando Health offers its residents a competitive comprehensive benefits package. The following is a summary of the various benefits offered at Orlando Health.
- Low-cost medical, vision and dental insurance for resident and family
- Long-term disability
- Professional liability insurance
- Group Life and AD&D equal to annual salary
- Worker's compensation insurance
- Employer-sponsored retirement savings accounts available
- 3 weeks of unscheduled vacation, in addition to one week during the December holidays
- Sick leave
- Leave of Absence
- 1 week of non-clinical time, which can be used toward conference presentations, fellowship or job searches available.
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Free meals when working & on call which include meals at campus Subway & Starbucks
- Free secure covered parking just steps away from the hospital main entrance
- Personalized lab coats are provided free of charge at the beginning of each academic year
- Annual American College of Surgeons (ACS) Meeting for designated chief residents.
- Additional funding is provided for regional and national conferences when a resident presents original research, approved by the Program Director and Research Director.
- All interns attend ATLS and FCCS Courses during orientation.
- Subscription to Journal of American College of Surgeons.
- Educational Funding/Books, copy of ABSITE book provided for all interns.
- Dedicated workspace with computers in several areas for surgical residents only.
- PGY1 $57,000.00
- PGY2 $59,000.00
- PGY3 $61,100.00
- PGY4 $63,600.00
- PGY5 $66,200.00
- PGY6 $69,000.00