Our mission at Orlando Health – Health Central Hospital is to improve the health of the community we serve. As your community hospital, Health Central Hospital offers a wide range of healthcare services to help you achieve and maintain the healthiest life possible. Below are some of the ways we partner with the community to encourage a culture of health and wellness.
Healthy West Orange
Healthy West Orange is a grassroots movement on a mission to build the healthiest community in the nation. We provide tools, resources, and social connections to help residents eat well, stay active, and enjoy life.
Healthy West Orange empowers residents to live longer, healthier lives through four areas of focus:
- We INSPIRE healthy behaviors. You’ll see us at local events, farmer’s markets and festivals encouraging residents to “Join the Movement” to live a healthier life. And we use social media to encourage, recognize, and celebrate healthy success stories. Health is a serious topic, but our approach is supportive and fun.
- We CHAMPION healthy programs. We use our resources to spread awareness about all kinds of healthy programs. Through our HUBB Resource Center, we connect residents with health and wellness services as well as critical local assistance programs.
- We UNITE health-minded organizations. We are powered by a growing number of local businesses and organizations; and we collaborate with the healthcare community at large to understand local needs and ﬁnd innovative solutions. In fact, our movement began through the partnership and vision of three Founding Champions, the West Orange Healthcare District, the Observer Media Group, and Orlando Health.
- We ADVOCATE for healthy community decisions. A healthy community goes well beyond individual behaviors. We drive awareness and encourage local leaders to keep their communities’ health and wellness a top priority.
Ready to join the movement? Learn more by visiting our website at www.HealthyWestOrange.org.
Health Central Walkers
If you enjoy walking and want to stay in shape, you will love the Health Central Walkers program. This indoor walking program is held at the West Oaks Mall in Ocoee. No matter your age or fitness level, you can participate in a clean, climate-controlled environment. Perfect for year-around walking. This program is perfect for new moms with strollers, too.
By participating in this program, you are making an important commitment to your heart, your health, and, most importantly, to yourself. You will gain more energy, improve your self-image and be heading toward a healthier, more energetic lifestyle.
Walk your way to better health and gain proven health and medical benefits including:
- Stronger heart and lungs
- Increased muscular strength and endurance
- Greater bone strength, helping prevent osteoporosis and bone fractures
- Feeling more energetic
- Feeling less stressed
- Feeling better overall and sleeping better
- Improvement in balance
- Better weight management
- An opportunity to meet new friends!!!!!!
To sign up for the FREE program and receive everything you need to get started, visit the Registration Team located at the mall Food Court Monday–Friday between 9:00 am and 10:00 am. You may also email [email protected] for additional information.
We strongly recommend checking with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
A Tradition of Caring for Central Florida
Caring for Central Florida has been an Orlando Health tradition for nearly 100 years. Our ability to extend our healthcare services beyond the walls of our hospitals is a joint effort. Not only do our physicians, team members, volunteers and board members go above and beyond their daily contributions to support our community, but so do our community partners. With this collaboration, a profound difference is made in the lives of the individuals and communities we serve.
For more information about Orlando Health’s involvement in supporting the health needs of the Central Florida, please visit the Orlando Health Community Involvement webpage.